RE: (erielack) Re: Trainmasters

Scott,

	EL Trainmasters lasted right up until the end of the 1960's, a full
decade after the merger! After serving in the east, these were all moved to
the Cleveland area for ore service. Those TM's were big luggers, and this is
where this ability was used to the railroad's advantage.
	The other big difference in the DL&W/EL TM's (between Phase I and
Phase II units) were the headlights on the hood ends. I believe that the
later phase had the headlight higher up on the end?
	Has anyone read the book "Train Master", by David Sweetland? Nice
stuff in there, including some great shots of DL&W units, and a nice
discussion of phase variations...

	- Paul

End of Erielack Digest V1 #7