(erielack) Track Fires

After a long discussion w/ the local fire chief  [who was rightfully
paranoid about the wire]  I have a couple of questions to throw out to
the list[s] [especially Eric Sondeen & Rich Dean]:

1. Has anyone out there ever seen a tie fire which they can confirm was
started by a cigarette?

2. What is the consensus [ok, is there a consensus?] on how to handle
them?

[For my purposes a tie fire is a defined as a limit number of ties
contained in the track bed with no critical or hazardous exposures.]

MEA
PRINCETON TERMINAL RAILWAY        "PTRMgtSvc_@_Juno.com"
Management Services                                    Telephone
609-683-0356

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]