(erielack) Erie tug boats & Preservation of former EL equipment.

Hello all,
    First, Yes I remember a former EL Tug parked "Stored ?" at Port
Newark in the 80s. The Diamond was painted out but the name was still
intact. I am not sure what tug it was though.
    Second, If the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society purchases the
Marion can we operate a Cocktail Cruse out of Hoboken Terminal with the
restored ship? :-)   Seriously, Has anyone read the article about the
advances of the Reading Technical & Historical Society in this months
Trains magazine.
   I visited there site in Leesport Penn. They are doing a great job in
preserving the READING Heritage through equipment purchase &
restoration. and have now secured a new site in Pennsylvania to set up a
museum to properly display & operate the collection. We can only hope
when the dust settles the Erie, DL&W & EL will be represented in some
way. As its been pointed out here on the "Mailing List" the equipment is
still around if you look hard enough.

Todd (ELHS#1318)

 - -