(erielack) Erie Tug Marion

Speaking of tugboats, does anyone else remember seeing a tug tied up at Port
Newark (opposite Port Newark Yard) back in the mid or late 1980's with a large
diamond on the stack?  I seem to recall that the diamond had been painted over
in a turquoise color.  I presumed that the diamond was a carryover from the
Erie (or EL) diamond, but never knew for sure.  Anyone else remember this, or
have info?  I'll have to look through my slide collection, I think I
photographed it.

Rich Wisneski
Denville, NJ

 - -