(rshsdepot) Re: Kendrick, ID

This was posted to our stations forum. Sure can't hurt to sign the online
petition.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/160/petition-for-the-preservation-of-the-kendrick-depot

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=Stations;action=display;num=1236793887

Please Sign the Petition to Save Our Historic Train Depot!
Today at 1:52am

Dear Railfan,

A committee of concerned citizens are dedicated to the preservation of a local
historical railroad depot in Kendrick, Idaho. First built in 1890 by the
Northern Pacific Railway, it is the only remaining depot of its kind of the
total of 34 built in WA, ID, OR, MT and ND using the Standard 1890 freight and
passenger wood design. It may very well be the last in the entire northwestern
United States. Please Sign the Petition to Save Our Depot at the following
website;
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/160/petition-for-the-preservation-of-the-kendrick-depot

The Kendrick City Council voted to sell the Kendrick Depot building for $50
even though; there was an offer on the table for the Kendrick Depot
Preservation Committee to buy it for $5,000 and lease the land; there have
been grant monies acquired and used by the City of Kendrick for the specific
purpose of restoring the depot; there was a vote taken of all those in
attendance at the meeting and some fifty-two (52) were in favor of
preservation and only two (2) were in favor of demolishing it; there were over
a dozen people who spoke reasonably, intelligently and passionately for
preserving the depot and no one but the appointed Mayor argued for its
destruction; the majority of WE THE PEOPLE want to preserve and restore the
building; reason, logic and commonsense dictate the preservation of the depot;
the building and property on which it sits was gifted to the City of Kendrick
by a prominent Kendrick family with the intention that it forever remain and
exist to remind the city and all who visit it of its historic railroad legacy;
the building has great historical significance not only for the City of
Kendrick but for Latah County and the state of Idaho as well.

These Kendrick city council members for reasons unknown to most of us are
hell-bent on destroying what many believe to be a historical landmark and
treasure. Please help prevent this from happening by emailing, posting, and
otherwise directing people to this website where visitors can read more
information regarding our efforts to preserve this bit of Idaho railroad
history for generations to come as well as sign our on-line petition.

I have just read and signed the petition: "PETITION FOR THE PRESERVATION OF
THE KENDRICK DEPOT".

Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in
signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly make a
difference. We are trying to reach 500 signatures - please sign here:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/160/petition-for-the-preservation-of-the-kendrick-depot

You can also contact the Kendrick City Council and let them know that you
support the preservation of this historic depot - by email at:
cityofkendrick_@_tds.net or by phone at: (208)289-5157.

If you are interested in reading more about our efforts to save this historic
Idaho landmark please visit the following website;
http://savethedepot.blogspot.com/
Any and all efforts in helping us save this historic train depot will be
deeply appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Scott Thurston,
Kendrick Depot Preservation Committee Member
lazarus_@_tds.net