Re: (rshsdepot) Major RR Terminals in the US before 1900

To list all the ones gone would take a long message...the Grand Central Depots built before 1900 are not still standing as the current one was built in 20th century....

*Central RR of NJ Terminal building still stands, sheds and tracks gone, in Communipaw, Jersey City, now Science Museum.....
*I forget if Hoboken (Lackawanna) was before or after 1900, still there, still used, even some sheds still remain....
Erie Terminal in Jersey City gone for decades, Weehawen on West Shore line gone,,

*the two stations in Seattle are still standing, at least one is still used, but other I think is used for commuter line, right?
In Chicago, a portion of Northwestern terminal still exists, the combo South Shore/CTA terminal in Grant Park, for now still exists, tracks will remain; they demolished Rock Island at laSalle, Cenrral Station, ICC south end of park; parts of Union Station which is terminal for north and south lines (was through track ever used for through trains?)..

In San Francisco, the mission style steepled terminal was knocked down in 1980s for a trailer park parking lot.; North Station in Boston is gone, replaced, tracks and trains still use it though...

Waterbury is still tehre, I am unsure of date of construction without looking it up.
Albany Union Station- not a terminal, per se, correct?

As I said mentioning closed and demolished terminals is endless task. Far Rockaway on LIRR, terminal from two directions, gone for decades, Long island Railroad terminal at Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, knocked down around 15 or so years ago after bveing unused above for years, terminal and tracks still used...

Hudson and Manhattan Tubes at Cortlandt Street..this underground depot was built in 1908 I guess, and for now still exists down there.....Doesn't the NY, Westchester and Boston terminal station in the Bronx still exist where the # 6 train joins the other IRTs in the Bronx? But also post-1900

The little depot in Santa Cruz, California was sort of terminal for passenger trains when that line ran from Oakland, and it still is extant and pretty nice plus maybe used by the touristy railroad there...

The Western Pacific Depot/Terminal in Oakland was a restaurant last I knew, and I presume building still stands, though unsure if it is pre-1900, probably not....

The freight/probably once passenger terminal station on the (eventual) branch line that went northwest out of Northampton, Massachusetts in Williamsburgh still exists and is a terminus... (a terminal would be a station at the end of the line even if small, correct?)

Denver and Rio Grand/WP terminal in Ogden is still there as is the UP building which I think was also the terminus of the UP correct? One is used by Amtrak, bot are still there, or am I thinking of Salt lake City?

Union Station in DC came after 1900?
The Long island railroad terminals still stand at:
Sag Harbor (tracks gone for 70 years, houses a nursery now)
Oyster Bay (standing but not for trains)
Port Jefferson (not sure of date)
Port Washington
Long Beach (post-1900)
Bushwick (sort of still standing though not having been there in a few years who knows..they were still crossing the bridge over the English Kill so I guess tracks were still in use as of now.

The WP freight depot in San Jose recently demolished

There were 5 railroad terminals on Coney island built in Victorian 19th century, all gone for almost a century, I have never seen a picture of a terminal station at Canarsie on that RR or in Bay Ridge on that end of manhattan Beach line. Therew as one in Greenpoint, gone forever, one in Long Island City where ferry left for 34th Street, long gone....there were terminals on the NY & Hudson at St. John's as well as at 33rd Street, the PRR had their giant arch in Jersey City; the SP had two "Moles" with magnificent terminals at Alameda and Oakland as did the Keyes System (ok this one was post-1900 I uess)...

Chicago must have once had a terminal for every railroad that came into the city all terminating there....

etceteras