(rshsdepot) Fw: CNE Tour 2007

Hello All -
This is to advise one and all that the 2007 segment of the annual bus tours along various portions of the former Central New England Railway is ready to accept reservations. We are pleased that these tours are co-sponsored by the Maybrook Railroad Historical Society. This year's tour will be run on Saturday, April 14th (rain or shine).

We will depart from the park and ride lot adjacent to the Renegades baseball stadium off route 9D in Beacon, NY. This location is about a mile north of I84 and the Beacon, Newburgh bridge intersection. Just drive north on route 9D for about a mile and turn right into the entrance for the baseball stadium. The park and ride lot is on the right next to the stadium parking lot. If you need more detailed directions or a map send me a note at:

BRudberg_@_optonline.net

For those of you who would like to arrive by rail, we will be near the Beacon train station and can arrange a pickup.

Routing for this year's tour will essentially follow the route of the former ND&C RR which later became part of the CNE and the New Haven. Part of this route still has tracks and is owned by MTA Metro-North RR. As usual, everybody will get a copy of the 2007 CNE Tour guide book.  We have a lot of ground to cover so we will have coffee and busses will roll at 9:00 AM.

Some of the high points will be the site of the former CNE station and yard at Fishkill Landing. This was the site of the train car ferry service crossing the Hudson River before the big RR bridge in Poughkeepsie was built. It was also the connection with the NY Central Hudson River

line. Just south of Fishkill Landing is Dutchess Junction which was the earlier train ferry service of the Dutchess & Columbia RR and the ND&C RR. Dutchess Junction was a thriving RR town in the late 1800's but there is nothing left but a few bricks.

We will also see Wicoppee Junction and Matteawan where the station is now a beauty and tanning salon. From there we will drive through Glenham, Fishkill and Brinckerhoff to Hopewell Junction. At Hopewell we will take a look at progress in restoring the depot which is at the crossing of the ND&C and the Maybrook line. In LaGrange we will look at the former station which is now a private home.

Farther north we will see the former RR freight house and the headquarters building in Millbrook which is now a bank. Depending on timing, we will head for Pine Plains for lunch at Lia's restaurant. Those of you who were on board last year will remember Lia's lunch. On the way back we plan to see Stissing Junction. If we have time we will drive by the Stanfordville station (now a residence) and maybe the creamery site. If we get all this in, we will be ready to head back to Beacon.

This routing is subject to change if we run into any last minute problems or find a new way to get the busses into a small space. Due to the narrow roads and lack of suitable parking in much of the general area of our tour, some locations can only be shown from the bus windows or in photos. We will show you as much as we possibly can. At the end of the tour our buses will run express back to the parking lot in Beacon.

The cost of this year's tour will be $50.00 per person and payment should be made out to

"MRHS-CNE 2007" or Maybrook RR Historical Society - CNE 2007

Send it to:

CNE 2007 -JOE MATO

62 WOOD ROAD

REDDING, CT. 06896

We have two buses with 49 seats each. Last year we sold all seats and had a waiting list so don't wait too long to send in your reservation. Please note that any request for refunds must be received thirty (30) or more days in advance of the tour date. If you can find a replacement to take your bus seat, that's OK just let us know who it is. If you can't find a replacement then we may have somebody on the waiting list to suggest but we can't refund money that has already been spent on tour expenses.