Re: (rshsdepot) Cleveland Convention

Richard Ullery wrote:
> What are the dates for the RSHS convention in Cleveland this year?

Northeast Ohio Convention
Railroad Station Historical Society
June 1-4, 2007

Join us this June for 3-4 days of exploring the railroad history of the
northeastern counties of Ohio including the metropolitan areas of Akron,
Cleveland, and Youngstown. The registration fee, not available at this
time, will include 3 days (Friday-Sunday) of coach travel and a Saturday
evening banquet. Those staying for Monday’s tour will share gas expenses
as we carpool.
The Friday tour will cover depots of the former Lake Shore & Michigan
Southern (New York Central) and Nickel Plate (N&W) lines east of
Cleveland to the Pennsylvania border. A feature of the day will be the
visit to the Conneaut Historical Railroad Museum. On Saturday we will
visit depots on Erie’s Cleveland Branch; a number of depots on the B&O,
LEA&W, and PRR depots; and depots in Kent and Youngstown. That evening
we will hold the annual banquet and see a presentation on past
structures of Northeast Ohio. Cleveland and Akron are the main focus of
  Sunday’s bus trip. We will visit numerous depots, towers, bridges, and
engine facilities of the AC&Y, Big Four, B&O, Erie, NOT&L, PRR, W&LE,
and other lines. Monday’s trip will be by carpool to visit depots
between Cleveland and Akron and Sandusky and Bellevue. Depots belonging
to the B&O, Big Four, LSE, LS&MS, and NKP will be on the route. Time
permitting a stop will be made at the MR&LE Museum in Bellevue.
The convention and banquet hotel is the Holiday Inn-Hudson, conveniently
located just north of the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) at the Route 8
interchange. It is also just a short trip from local airports and the
Amtrak depot in Cleveland or Elyria. The special convention rate is
$62.00 for either a one- or two-bed room. Each person is responsible for
making their own reservations by May 27, 2007 at 330-653-9191; be
certain to tell them you are attending the RSHS Convention.
Complete details and a registration form will be included with the
January-February number of The Bulletin.