(rshsdepot) Cranford, NJ

A couple of years ago I did a brief narrated history of my hometown of
Cranford for our town's Web site.  The first photo on the site shows the  second
Cranford station on the Central Railroad of New Jersey.  The station  is at the
same location as today's station, except on the north side of the  tracks.
There was a more elaborate grade-level station which was  built on the site
after the building shown in the photo and before the  current station was
constructed.  The present day station was built in the  1930s as part of a project to
remove grade crossing through the middle of the  business district.

If you click on the photo it's enlarged and you can hear some brief  comments
about the role of the CNJ in Cranford's past.

Bernie Wagenblast

_http://cranford.com/history/narrated.asp_
(http://cranford.com/history/narrated.asp)