Re: (rshsdepot) Starucca Viaduct

The only operating restriction that I can recall from the General Instruction Books of the Erie were that "airbrakes were not to be applied on Starrucca Viaduct except in emergency." There were no restrictions on the weight of trains, or, I recall, about trains passing on the viaduct, although the chances of that actually happening were probably remote.

Don

Can two trains be on it at the same time?

I recall mention of certain rules but the thought was these were for the view on passenger trains

A structure like that with the size of the uprights and the weight
distributions of the arches at top should be able to wikthstand a lot of
weight, no?  What would be thes pecs, rules, etc.?

Paul