Re: (rshsdepot) Starucca Viaduct

The footings rest on crushed rock in the bottom of the Vally floor. The
bluestone rocks are chiseled to fit and then mortared together. There are
stones that go clear through the uprights in order to tie things together.
Thats about it in a nut shell. Quite an amazing structure if you think
about it. When it was designed and built, a locomotive weighed about the
same as one of todays heavy weight passenger cars.

Bruce Mowbray