(rshsdepot) New York Tunnel Extension of the Pennsylvania Railroad

While putting together my newsletter I came across this interesting
document.  It's a paper published in September 1910 by the American Society  of Civil
Engineers and details the construction of the extension which was built  from
Harrison, NJ to the future Pennsylvania Station, New York.

This was published before the construction was completed and there are some
interesting items noted.  For example, what we now know as Manhattan  Transfer
was called Harrison Transfer at the time this was written.

There are several drawings, including a map of the Harrison yards  and a
cross-section of the station platform in Harrison.  If  you double-click on the
illustrations they will expand to show all the  details.

_http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18012/18012-h/18012-h.htm_
(http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18012/18012-h/18012-h.htm)

Bernie Wagenblast
Transportation Communications Newsletter
_http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications/_