Re: (rshsdepot) NYC's Penn Station now NJT's

In a message dated 11/22/2005 5:20:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oldmaven_@_comcast.net writes:

The  downside is that NJT commuters, who now use platforms between the
7th and  8th Ave subways and a long additional block from the BMT
Broadway line  will now be a long block from the 7th and two long blocks
from the  BMT.

    I don't think that there is any intent to abandon  the existing stations
or limit access to them by NJ Transit patrons.  The  new station is designed
to supplement these facilities, not replace them.

    The question remains why anyone will want to use  the new station, which
is less conveniently located than the old one in a number  of respects.  I
don't fully understand why this new station is needed for  NJ Transit.

            Daniel  Chazin
            Teaneck,  NJ