(rshsdepot) Salina, KS

Old depot sold
Tuesday=2C October 05=2C 2004 09=3A15 pm

Salina couple purchase 1887 building

 By APRIL MIDDLETON
 Salina Journal =

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------=
- -------
  =

A Salina couple has purchased the more than 100-year-old train depot buil=
ding on North Santa Fe=2E =

Rod and Karen Meier purchased the depot at 352 N=2E Santa Fe from Union P=
acific Railroad about a month ago=2C Rod Meier said=2E =

For now=2C the depot is being used as offices for Meier=92s Moving and St=
orage=2C 344 N=2E Fifth=2C which he and his wife own=2E =

=93Our goal=2C though=2C is to try to restore it back as close to origina=
l as we can and then maybe open something so people can come see it=2C=94=
 Meier said=2E =

The station was built in 1887 and was used as the Missouri-Pacific Depot=2E=
 =

In 1985=2C the building became the second historical landmark in Salina=2E=
 =

For more on the old depot and what the Meiers plan to do with it=2C read =
reporter April Middleton=27s story in Wednesday=27s Salina Journal=2E

=A92004 Salina Journal
http=3A//www=2Esaljournal=2Ecom/content/2-0-/module/displaystory/story=5F=
id/3336/format/html/displaystory=2Ehtml