Re: (rshsdepot) Antique turntable still used to swivel rail cars

>In a message dated 7/16/2003 9:33:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, markt_@_duke.edu
>writes:
>
>> >The company that built it has been out of business for 60 .
>>
>> This is one of a few lines I wondered about. I thought this would have
>> been built by Seaboard Air Line, which hasn't been gone for 60 years
>> yet.  Or maybe the predecessor, the Raleigh &Gaston, which has been
>> gone since whenever Seaboard was formed (1890s?).
>>

>I don't know but maybe the turntable was not built by a railroad but by a
>company that did work for the railroad.  That could account for the
>company being
>out of business 60 years.
>
>Bernie Wagenblast
>Transportation Communications Newsletter

Just happened to run across a Northern Pacific Ry. Turntable
record book circa 1923, gives location, sizes, date built, etc.

On the one of the pages were notes that the turntable castings
made by ABCD were now made by XYZ.

- -Hudson

http://www.skypoint.com/~hudsonl