(rshsdepot) North Pemberton, NJ (PRR)

We recceived this request for information on our Preservation board in our
online forum.

If anyone can help Danielle and Pemberton Township Historic Trust I'll be
happy to relay the information.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/?board=Preservation&action=display&num=1051313554

Henry

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking for any information anyone may have in regards to the PRR,
Atlantic Division, in particular dealing with North Pemberton Station,
Birmingham Station or other historical sites in Southern NJ. I've been
involved with the historical society responsible for preserving North
Pemberton Station for several months, and we are getting new (old) rail
equipment, but have little to no information on it.

Our main concern is gathering information on a Brown Hoist Co. Rail Crane
(Model DE30). The only thing we know is it has a 75' Boom and a Free Wheel on
the Gear Deck, it possibly came from a dealer in Michigan. We will be
acquiring this Crane in a few weeks as well as a Steam Engine for our display.
Although I'm still in the process of constructing our webpage, feel free to
browse what we have to date at: http://ptht.shorturl.com .

I welcome any information that can be given, and will try to provide any that
i can in return. Thank you all for your time.

Danielle

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the group i volunteer with 'took posession' of north pemberton station in 1996
when it was about to fall down. it has been refinished beautifully, but does
not get a lot of recognition it deserves. we operate on a volunteer staff and
only through donations, but have managed to rebuild the station and acquire 3
cabooses, 2 hoppers, a gondola, a hollow-wheel flat-car and an abundance of
other artifacts on local history and railroading. we have many pieces that
were found along the tracks and some that were donated from people who worked
on the line. in the next few weeks, we will be getting a steam locomotive as
well as the rail crane, but we have no information on either. i've been sent
on a mission to find 'operating manuals' for both (from the early 1900's), but
i don't believe they exist. otherwise, i've found tons of pictures, i'll be
printing for weeks!!! with any luck, someone will come across this and have
stories to tell... we are always looking for good stories about the station.

thanks again for your info and your assistance.

danielle