(rshsdepot) "Passe Station of L.I.R.R. Used By Comedians"

Long Island Daily Press, October 14, 1922

PASSE STATION OF L.I.R.R. USED BY COMEDIANS

Movie Staged at Richmond Hill to Represent One-Horse Town.

  Despite the rapid growth of Richmond Hill and the many improvements in
that community, the Long Island Railroad insists on keeping the oldtime
Richmond Hill station on Park St. in existence.

  the station is so antiquated looking that the Master Film Co. of
Glendale thought it an ideal location to portray a gambler in a
one-horse town waiting for the train to arrive.

  Charlie Murray, Mack Sennett comedy star, was the main attraction
yesterday, and he certainly had the crowd laughing. When Mary Anderson
and Ray McKee greet Murray as an old time friend, the faces he makes
would make a statue laugh.

  The picture which will be released under the title of "Say, Uncle," is
directed by Gregory La Cava and the story was written by Dick Freil.

  Theatrical men say that if the public were to see a comedy rehearsed
it would cease to amuse, but every time the scene was rehearsed
yesterday the crowd laughed more

10/14/1922