(rshsdepot) lebanon station?

Kenyon:

I recived this from the RSHS recently, and have been wondering about it
since.  Could you clarify for me which "restored railroad station" this is
at 250 North Eighth St.?  All I have are addresses for Spencer St. and for
West Lebanon.  What am I not seeing here?  Any guidance would be welcome.

Gary LaPointe
RR Stations in NH
sglap3_@_onlineimage.com

Lebanon Daily News
Buyer lined up for historic railroad station
Wednesday, January 29, 2003 -
By JOHN LATIMER, Staff Writer

A buyer has been found for a restored railroad station that was one of two
landmark city buildings whose fates were cast into doubt last year when
Lebanon Valley Farmers Bank decided to consolidate its Lebanon operations.

The bank closed its branch at the historic railroad depot at 250 N. Eighth
St. and the classically designed Lebanon Valley National Bank building on
the northeast corner of Ninth and Cumberland streets, asking customers who
used those branches to bank at LVFB's flagship building on Willow Street.

"The railroad station is under an agreement of sale," said Barry Ansell,
LVFB senior vice president.

Ansell would not name the buyer, but identified it as a Berks County-based
manufacturing company that will use the one-time passenger station as a
customer service center and for offices.

"I cannot say who is moving in," Ansell said, explaining that the deal has
not yet been finalized. "But it will be used as an office-type facility,
and we are very pleased with the company that is coming in."

The deal is in the due-diligence period, so the buyer could still back out,
but an April settlement is expected, Ansell said.

The Ninth and Cumberland streets building had been rumored close to being
sold, but Ansell said that no deal is pending.

The Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce, which had leased space in the
railroad station, has relocated to another restored historic building, the
former Chemical Fire Co. station in the 700 block of Walnut Street.