(rshsdepot) Fw: PLEASURE RAILWAY AT HOBOKEN

Answers?
Paul
- ----- Original Message -----
From: Lorne Shields
To: I95BERNIEW_@_ol.com ; donnielee46@hotmail.com ;
luckyshow_@_mindspring.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 10:56 AM
Subject: PLEASURE RAILWAY AT HOBOKEN

http://www.railfan.net/lists/rshsdepot-digest/200112/msg00074.html

Greetings,

I found your names while trying to research the PLEASURE RAILWAY AT
HOBOKEN Print.  I am a member of the National Association of Watch and
Clock Collectors.  A "facsimile" of the image is on a hand painted dial
from a Connecticut Clock.  I am trying to find out two things.

1) When was the print done.  You have dated this 1833.  Might I ask how
someone dated the print? We do know who published the print (Kellogg)
but not when.  That information came from the Connecticut Historical
Society.

2) Was the "railroad" Manumotive or Mechanical motive?

I have attached some links as well for you to see.

First image is the print. It was taken with the Glass on and is stained
but is not as bad as it appears.
http://members.rogers.com/vintage-antique2/5hoboken1.jpg

Second image is what appears to be a Manumotive vehicle.

http://members.rogers.com/vintage-antique2/5hoboken2.jpg

The article about the Clock in the NAWCC Bulletin.

http://members.rogers.com/vintage-antique2/5hobokenX1.jpg

Any help or direction to help solve the mysteries will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lorne Shields

Phone:  905-886-6911
Fax:       905-886-7748