(rshsdepot) FW: [northeastcorridor] Digest Number 439

There are immediate financial implications in the following because 'mail'
(and the like such as UPS) has been regarded by David Gunn as a rather
profitable sideline for Amtrak that does not unduly delay overnight
passenger trains. Note that, I strongly suspect that trains 10 & 13 appear
to not carry passengers at all (since they use rails owned and operated by
Amtrak & Commuter Rail Agencies).

I hope that there are no long range implications in this news since the
politics of Amtrak must require that they aggessively 'milk' every
significant source of funds available to make up for the inevitable
deficits of handling passengers. :-(