RE: (rshsdepot) Fw: Detroit MC Station

Jack:
I would be happy to talk to you about historical railroad structures.  I
photographed many Detroit area depots in the late 1960s. I'm a director
of the Railroad Station Historical Society at the University of Toledo.
Apparently you had contacted Louis Van Winkle through his Michigan
website.  He forwarded it to our membership.
Mark J. Camp
Associate Professor
Dept. of Earth Ecological and Environmental Sciences
The University of Toledo

> ----------

Department of
> Media Arts and Studies at Wayne State University.  I am currently
doing
> research for a documentary film about the importance of maintaining
our
> sense of history, identity and memory in Detroit, specifically in
relation
> to the city=B9s older landmarks, i.e. the Book-Cadillac, The Boblo
Boat, The
> Michigan Central Station, The Theatre District, etc.  I=B9m exploring
the
> significance and relevance of these structures; in terms of the
personal
> connections people have to them, as well as their historical and
> contemporary meaning to the city as a whole.  My documentary is
concerned
> with the value of these buildings, both measurable and immeasurable.
>
> If you would be willing to sit down some time and talk about this
matter, I
> would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.  I would
like to
> learn more about your efforts to save The Michigan Central Station, as
well
> as your reasons for doing so.
>
> Please let me know if you would be willing to share your expertise and
> insight with me.  I can be reached at this email address, or by phone
at
> (313) 871-2530.  Also, if there is anyone else you know of who might
be
> interested in talking about this matter, please forward this letter to
them.

> Thank You,
>
> Jack Cronin
> Assistant Professor
> Dept. of Media Arts & Studies
> 585 Manoogian Hall
> Wayne State University
> Detroit, MI 48201
>
> <jackcronin_@_hotmail.com>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D