Re: (rshsdepot) Fw: Trains in the Lehigh Valley

I was living in Allentown when Septa/Conrail ran a RDC powered train to
Allentown from Philly in the 1970's.  The train terminated at the Reading
station near the Hill-to-Hill bridge in Bethlehem (near the LV headquarters
building).  For a brief period the train was extended into Allentown via the
former LV track on the south side/west side of the Lehigh River.  The train
used a temporary platform not far from the still standing CNJ station in
Allentown.  The Allentown service didn't last long, maybe Lehigh county
wouldn't pony and additional funding.  Any the service was cut back to
Bethlehem.  I have a schedule for the service somewhere.  Let me know if
you're still interested.