Re: (rshsdepot) Beacon, NY

In a message dated 9/19/02 8:08:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brwagenblast_@_comcast.net writes:

> The railroad opened its first-ever parking garage earlier this year in
> Poughkeepsie to glowing reviews. It is a stunning piece of period
> architecture that complements the landmark New York Central station.

       The Poughkeepsie parking garage is truly an architectural masterpiece
- -- a real rarity in today's world.  But I've been told by a local resident
that originally Metro-North proposed building a non-descript, ugly garage,
and only local opposition convinced them to change their mind.

                   Daniel Chazin
                   Teaneck, NJ