(rshsdepot) Endangered central Kansas ex-ATSF, MoPac depots

From another list=2E=2E=2E

Original Message:
- -----------------
From: ohlemeier ohlemeier_@_netzero=2Enet
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 16:48:14 +0000

This was from the MIDRAIL list from a Kansas & Oklahoma shortline=20
employee=2E=2E=2E

K&O is looking to save a few bucks and is dispensing of some depots=20
no longer needed=2E

Great Bend Santa Fe passenger depot to be donated to the city=2E

Great Bend Santa Fe freight depot to be demolished=2E

Ness City Santa Fe depot disposition unknown=2E=20

Conway Springs Missouri Pacific depot disposition unknown=2E

Horace Missouri Pacific depot disposition unknown=2E

The depots at Hoisington, Scott City, McPherson, and Salina are going=20
to stay in use=2E=20

The other depots will be sold or demolished=2E=20

I have not heard for sure that the city of Great Bend wants the Santa=20
Fe depot, so I am not sure of what will happen if they decline=2E These=20=

are the only ones on our line that we still own that I can think of=2E=20
If I am missing one I'm sure  someone will let me know=2E ;)

The UP want's to abandon the track between McCracken and Healy on the=20
Hoisington Sub (the old MP Colorado Eagle route)=2E This will force us=20
to either buy this section of track or upgrade the track between Scott=20
City and Great Bend=2E=20

Right now I would put my money on upgrading the Santa Fe=2E They just=20
hi-railed it today and immediately raised the speed from 10 to 25=2E=20
It's not the 40mph you can run on the Hoisington, but I think it is=20
fast enough to keep from spending the money to purchase the MOP=2E Tie=20
replacement is slated for March on the Santa Fe between Scott City and=20
Great Bend=2E So we will soon be saying goodbye to yet another piece of=20=

the ol' Missouri Pacific main line=2E

Not a lot of good news here so get your shots while you still can=2E

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us=2Eclick=2Eyahoo=2Ecom/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/Ey=2EGAA/DmVolB/TM

RAILROAD DEPOTS OF THE WEST=2E=2E=2E=20