(rshsdepot) Nashotah, Wisconsin depot photos

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser and click/select the index or matching subject link.

http://www.railfan.net/lists/mplist.cgi?rshsdepot-photo

Nashotah_E.jpg (image/jpeg, 136383 bytes)
Nashotah_W.jpg (image/jpeg, 113822 bytes)

>Do you have any info on the depot in Nashotah, Wisconsin, my Father
>designed this station in 1915. This only record I have of this depot is in
>a  photograph taken of my Father in 1953.looking at the plans of 2 of his
>first two  jobs for the Milwaukee Road, he retired after 38 years  of
>service in 1954.      1916, Nashotah, Wisconsin.       1917, Butte,
>Montana  (this one I have  photos and have received much information
>concerning this still standing and in  use as a TV station today.)     But
>nothing on Nashotah                          Many thanks,
>                                                            Lynn  E
>Lagerstrom DeRosa.

Dear Lynn (and depot list subscribers)

   Here are 2 photos of the Nashotah, Wisconsin Milwaukee Road depot taken
in 1973.

Here is some more information from my friends in Madison:
Verne Brummel jmb_@_msn.com

"The depot at Nashotah is of a unusual design, at least for the Milwaukee
Road. This depot was a train order office until 1959,
and then remained in railroad use until the last four passenger trains using
it were discontinued: Chicago - Minneapolis local trains #55, 58 in 1969;
and Milwaukee - Watertown "Cannonball'  trains #12, 23 on July 31, 1972.
This depot still stands, in private use."
Craig Bluschke <bluschke_@_engr.wisc.edu>

"Here are my 1973 photos of the Milwaukee Road depot at Nashotah. After I
replied to your email this morning I got to thinking - I seem to recall
that I drove by this depot a couple of years ago and noticed that it had
been nicely restored and appeared to be somebody's house."

Gordy Bjoraker