Re: (rshsdepot) LIRR news from 1931

I believe the freight station was located on the west side of the existing
passenger station as I remember as a young fellow (early 1950s) tracks in the
parking lot there. The answer to the second question is that the station was
the old Central Railroad of Long Island station. Remember that at one time
there were tree railroads in Hempstead; the LIRR, Cent RR of LI and the
Southside RR. All had stations.
Also check Vincent Seyfried's books on the LIRR for additional details.
Dick Horn