Re: (rshsdepot) New Orleans, LA

Gene Paoli wrote:

>I wonder if the the folks down there know they destroyed the former Illinois
>Central station designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright and Louis  Sullivan
>in 1892?
>
 >>>Gene:
Pls elaborate.  I have all of the negs of the great James G. LaVake, who
was an EAL pilot and a big time rail buff and photog (the Richard
Steinheimer or Donald Duke of the east) and who shot the L & N station
in N. O. and, I think the S. P. as well as the NOUPT in various stages
of construction.  Where, exactly, was the IC station?  I did not realize
it was still extant, or did I misunderstand your post?  Again, pls fill
us in.