Re: (rshsdepot) Info on east coast of Florida stations

Jim Dent wrote:

>Chris,
>
>Besides the redoubtable Mr. Bramson, who has not yet taken the opportunity
>on this list to blow his horn amount his FEC book reprint, you can also go
>to the RSHS database for Florida
>(http://www.rrshs.org/Florida/flrrstruc.htm) and browse away.
>
>Now - I 'm waiting for that horn.
>
 >>>Many thanks, Jim.
That was VERY nice of you and very much appreciated.
Here's the latest, folks:
I am awaiting the final proofs.
If all goes well, "The Revised and Enlarged Edition of Speedway to
Sunshine:  The Story of the Florida East Coast Railway" will be out on
or about 1 May.  It has 32 more pp (352) and four more chapters (16)
than the original and brings us up to date through the Amtrak--FEC
special train of last June.
The published has increased the press run to "between 4 and 5,000" (I
expect it to be the latter) and
 we expect sellout and to "out of print" status within not too much more
than a month of publication.  (the first Speedway was published in
December, '84 and was out of print by August '85, and that was pre web,
pre internet, pre FEC H. S., pre national interest in our quirky little
local road. [I mean, what was the big deal about building to Key West,
the greatest single railroad construction/engineering project in US--and
possibly world--history?] )

As you may know, "Speedway to Sunshine" is the single most requested
railroad history book on the internet.  (Yes, I am proud of that, but I
am far more humbled then I am proud, and I thank so many of you for your
interest in our little road as well as the book.)  Although the price of
Speedway I has gone down since the announcement of II being imminent, I
expect the price of II to begin to increase as soon as sellout occurs.
 Incredibly, it is coming out at $39.95, HARD COVER, beautiful new dust
jacket, which is $5.00 less than I was upon publication.  You can order
it (if so inclined, and I hope some of you are) from this writer; from
the publisher, books_@_bostonmillspress.com; from barnes&noble.com;  from
Amazon.com OR from your local hobby shop or railroad book dealer.

Thank you again, and, if you do decide to favor us with a purchase, I
hope and trust you will enjoy reading about "Your Friendly Florida Line."