(rshsdepot) Lewis and Valentine Golf Course, Inc.

The following is a Long Island Rail Road question for the expertiest expert:
it is not necessarily written in the form of a question:

"Lewis and Valentine Golf Course, Inc."

I was as usual perusing old newspapers this weekend, Nassau Herald on the
Peninsula 1935 to 1949....I found out about football teams, semi-pro like
the Cedarhurst Wolverines, and the Oceanside Anthonians, Freeport Lions,
Inwood Spartans....I saw a photo of a RR car being cleaned on the opening of
new car washing facilities in Richmond Hill and Babylon...and I copied this
map of Cedarhurst from 1940 that showed the old Rockaway Cut-off, the curved
portion into Cedarhurst at the south for one block was still labeled LIRR,
but the rest read "Lewis and Valentine Golf Course, Inc. (Formerly
LIRR)"...my guess is the northerly parts in the meadows above Cedarhurst
were sold in planning for a golf course and it never occurred