Fw: Fw: (rshsdepot) "450-Ton Locomotive at the Waldorf-Astoria"

- -----Original Message-----
From: Henry Rosenberg <henryr.javanet_@_rcn.com>
To: Paul S. Luchter <luckyshow_@_mindspring.com>
Date: Friday, March 08, 2002 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: (rshsdepot) "450-Ton Locomotive at the Waldorf-Astoria"

As I see it, two things killed NYNH&HRR. 1) big hurricane - when? '56? did
major damage that they never had the capital to repair. 2) the Connecticut
Turnpike allowed trucks to rob their freight business. The irony is that
the RR had a tremendous surge of economic success from hauling building
materials - for the Turnpike. ¶ Oh, and here's the other irony. They were
pioneers in piggyback freight - but their system was the Betamax of
piggyback and they were too late converting to VHS. Henry
At 11:51 PM 3/7/02 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
He