(rshsdepot) "450-Ton Locomotive at the Waldorf-Astoria"

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser and click/select the index or matching subject link.

http://www.railfan.net/lists/mplist.cgi?rshsdepot-photo

WaldorfSiding.jpg (image/jpeg, 106386 bytes)

Here we have the horse's mouth. The NY Times article September 23, 1946.
The American Locomotive Company's 6000-horsepower Diesel-electric
locomotive that will head to Santa Fe RR system to be used between
Chicago and Los Angeles,  "was exhibited on the Waldorf's private siding
beneath the hotel...Today and tomorrow the public will be admitted to
inspect it." I don't think they entered through the Post Office....a
month later GM displayed theirs in Chicago.

How many other diesel engines ever entered the Park Avenue tunnel?
Paul Luchter