From: rshsdepot-owner_@_lists.railfan.net
[mailto:rshsdepot-owner_@_lists.railfan.net]On Behalf Of Paul S. Luchter
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 10:01 PM
To: RSHSDepot
Subject: (rshsdepot) A "Proud day on the private siding of the Waldorf"

So I was perusing the Times for 1946 (yes I know this is quite up to
date for me), and came across a full page ad with a stylized diesel
locomotive picture. September 24, 1946 would see a 6000 HP
Diesel-Electric like those going to the Santa Fe, it said. It must have
been for viewing, I guess it was implying that. It ended with "This is a
proud day on the private siding of the Waldorf"  I didn't see any
pictures in the paper the next day of this event.

What has become of that siding, is it accessible still from the hotel?

Later this week I will send a picture from the same month of the United
Nations station on the LIRR at Flushing Meadows, with questions....be
prepared!
Paul