(rshsdepot) Manhattan belt way freight subway & H&M extension to Communipaw...

I found two more projects never done, from 1908, unfortunately there
were no maps so I didn't make copies (That decade's NY Times was low on
use of graphics, I might look up other papers from then for maps)

One project was for a belt line freight subway around Manhattan...

The second I have a hard time understanding why it didn't happen. McAdoo
I think, announced that the H&M being built to lower Manhattan, to
Church Street, would have an extension from Exchange Place to the CNJ
terminal in Communipaw, it said tunneling would soon start...What
happened to this plan, it sounded certain it was going to happen???

Paul