Re: (rshsdepot) Study of the develop if Towns along the railroad (need an ISBN or publisher's name)

Seth:  I could use the ISBN or publisher's name.

The towns are on the southern side of Syracuse and developed for milk and
cabbage shipping.

Two of the Depots still remain in very good condition.  The Fabius
Historical Society almost owned one but it is still in private hands
(Woodford Brothers).
Thanks for the interest.

Bill Casey

At 10:22 PM 12/22/2001 -0500, Seth Bramson wrote:
>I strongly commend to you:  "When the Railroad Leaves Town," by Dr. Joseph
>Schweiterman of DePaul University.  A masterpiece of work, detailing the
>history of numerous communities east of the Mississippi and their
>development, the part the RR played and what caused and what happened when
>the RR left town.  If you need an ISBN or publisher's name, I think I can
>find it.  Let me know.
>
>William Casey wrote:
>

>>>Hello all:
>>

>>I am in the planning stage of a project for three local historical groups
>>about the development of the town's industry once the railroad came.
>>The towns are Tully,NY, Apulia Station (once known as Summit Station till
>>1898)NY and Onativia in LaFayette,NY.  In these towns, almost no industry
>>existed prior to the railroad construction in 1854.  All three were
>>quickly developed and then abandoned with the demise of the rail system.
>>
>>Does anyone know of others that have done such a study and perhaps
>>published it.

Bill Casey
PO Box 36
Apulia Station, NY 13020