Re: (rshsdepot) FW: railroad depot

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Don Mills, Jr. <dmills_@_marshall.edu>
> Put together a grant application with both your state historical
commission
> as well as the American Station Foundation-they help through grants to
keep

Unless they have changed, Great American Station Foundation focuses
exclusively on stations with active rail service.  Even our Roxbury, NY,
depot, which is on a tourist railroad and will ultimately serve a real local
transportation function for them as well as being an "intermodal" terminal
to trail and bike riders, tourist jitneys, etc, was considered pretty
marginal for their  purposes, and while they were generous in giving us a
grant because they liked our innovation, they were explicit that it was
somewhat token in amount because of its distance from their true focus.