(rshsdepot) Rock Island Depot at Grayson MO off the roster this week

-From the Railroad Depots West List...

jw_@_sky.net wrote:

 The former CRIP depot at Grayson, MO was unused, and unloved for many
 years but still intact until this week. The depot was demolished
 sometime in the past 7 days. I pass by it each week and didn't know
 destruction was imminent but on today's trip through Grayson the depot
 site contained only some piled up dirt and debris from the demolition.
 Grayson is about 40 miles north of Kansas City MO.

 A photo of the depot taken 3 months ago (March 2001) is posted at:

 http://home.kc.rr.com/nwmo/grayson4.jpg

 and a page from the 1917 Railroad Atlas showing Grayson in southwest
 Clinton County, Missouri is online at:

 http://home.kc.rr.com/nwmo/nwmomap1917.jpg

 I have a number of depot photos from Northwest Missouri - if anyone
 has interest in a particular depot email me and I may have a recent
 photo.

 Dick Williams rjw_@_sky.net
 Kansas City MO