- ----- Original Message -----
From: James R. Guthrie
.  In
> essence, the current Essex Street station on the J/M/Z lines was the
> first Manhattan rail terminus of the LIRR; the next was Chambers
> Street.

    Was the Chambers St. service you reference here an extension down what
is now the J/M line, from Essex to Chambers St; or did it come directly over
the Brooklyn Bridge at any point, as I thought I understood one posting to
say yesterday?
    Seconding Seth's question, do you have approximate dates?
    I have marvelous postcard labeled "transportation terminal", showing a
cutaway view of the complex at the west (Manhattan/Chambers St) end of the
Brooklyn Bridge, probably in the late 1910's as the Municipal Building is in
place.  Is this thing old news, or should I try out the new picture-posting
service we now have here?

    Steve Delibert