(rshsdepot) Enormous attachments . . .

rshsdepot
I am not the type to complain about HTML and MIME and attachments, but =
880 KB is just enormous, so big my viewer wouldn't even open it..it =
takes a bunch of years to download too

Plus it was almost impossible to see in the message, everytime I =
scrolled it took another forever to show up again, to scan, and it =
slowed my old computer down as well, or at least the mail =
program......It is advisable to keep jpg or gif below 300 or 400 KB, I =
try for under 200..those you send to them to can resize them.....besides =
unless you are printing out for a photo show or sending for a magazine =
layout the size in KB is not important-it will look the same (except =
like with the colorful 1847 map where at 30.7, it was too small and =
fuzzy-but that is not due to the size but other factors-how it was =
scanned, if it was enhanced or not in a graphics program...

Any way, me thinks this will be the mildest of complaints, since we were =
told not to even use HTML, let alone almost 1 megabite attachments!!!

NOTE: Any non-text portions of this message were removed.