From: FRANKGARON_@_aol.com <FRANKGARON@aol.com>
To: rshsdepot_@_lists.railfan.net <rshsdepot@lists.railfan.net>
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 5:17 PM
Subject: (rshsdepot) Re:SIRT

>rshsdepot
>Re: B&O trains from Staten Island to Cranford:
>
>I think we need to mention that we are talking about SIRT trains running
-From Cranford Jct over the AK moveable bridge into Staten Island. Not
neccesarily B&O passenger trains.

>B&O owned (or at least controlled) the SIRT, but I believe we actually need
to be trying to find out if SIRT passenger trains ever ran west of Arlington
Yard.

>If someone on the list has some older SIRT public TTs, maybe they can
answer this? I don't have anything earlier than the 1950's.

>The SIRT Yard Office in Cranford (stood until sometime in the 1980's) at
the South Ave (or whatever they call it in that neck of the woods)sure
looked like a passenger station.

>A bunch of the old stations on the North Shore of the SIRT and on the South
Beach branch are/were still standing - anybody have a complete list? I
remember at least 2 on the North Shore line and 1 on the South Beach branch.