Re: (erielack) EL Power in Color, vol. 1

Just got my copy. It is very timely for my renumbering (of models) project with Prime Mover Decals and Microscale Decals (For Erie). The book has pictures of how things changed (or did not) over time for some of the locomotives I am going to model. One of my favorite pictures is the March 1963 shot of a short passenger train through a snow-covered Passaic, NJ. Yeah, I know, why Passaic--it is the location of where I could first see after getting glasses at the optometrist. I still recall my Mom and I waiting for the Erie Limited to fly through. (My second favorite area is the Bergen County line.)

Howard Haines, ELHS Member, Helena, Montana (on the old NP mainline, now Montana Rail Link).

- -----Original Message-----

From: WMATTHEWED <WMATTHEWED_@_aol.com>

To: erielack <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>

Sent: Wed, Sep 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Subject: Re: (erielack) EL Power in Color, vol. 1

Got Mine last week. Excellent Book!!
Ed Wheeler
In a message dated 9/11/2013 1:38:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, paultup_@_comcast.net writes:

Just  received this wonderful new Morning Sun book in the mail today!

Written  by lister Steve Timko, this volume covers EL motive power innumerical order,  from 44-tonner #26 to the GP35s with 2586.
The reproduction is top-notch -  sharp images and great color - and theauthor has done an excellent job in  selecting very
representative shots for each class.

The captions are  well-written and are thorough in their detail. There is anice selection of  not only EL unit, but predecessor Erie
and DL&W units with EL patches  to completely illustrate a class' history.

You can get your copy from  the  ELHS:

http://www.erielackhs.org/index.php/books/booksel/product/415-erie-lackawann
a-power-in-color-volume-1

I'm  looking forward to Volume 2!