(erielack) Stillwell coaches

There is one additional error in the NWSL Stillwells (I don't know about the
F&Cs). The NWSL models have THREE steps, where the prototype had FOUR. This
error is rarely noticed but it suddenly hit me one day looking at pictures
and back at my models and sensing that something was amiss. The 3 steps
measure about a 12 inch vertical-rise, where the prototype step-riser is
more like 8 inches.

Another feature that current modelers would appreciate would be a reasonably
correct distance for coupler mounting. If you follow the NWSL
coupler-mounting screw holes, you'll have some absurd distance like a scale
three to four feet between car ends, looking very toylike by today's
standards.

Let me add one note re color. The Stillwells as I remember them had an olive
and a brown tinge to them, especially in the sunlight. What worked for me
and my lighting was a mix of 3 parts Pullman Green and one part ATSF Mineral
Brown or equivalent.

Joe Braun