 From: "Wdburt1_@_aol.com" <Wdburt1@aol.com>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 7:55 AM
Subject: (erielack) Lumber receivers in Bath NY

Longwell Lumber, which still exists in Bath, was served by a sidetrack
located about a half block east of the Cameron Street xing.  Older B&H
employees (now retired) still referred to it as the Longwell switch  in the 1990s.
I am not sure if it was active in the Conrail  years.

The track from which this sidetrack diverged was the B&H main prior to
1936.  It paralleled the Erie Rochester Division main track on the north  side.
When the Erie sold the B&H to local investors in 1936 it  retained the B&H
main where it paralleled the Erie and with  it, Longwell, Babcock, and
other patrons.  B&H continued to  use its former main to reach the Erie station
at Cameron Street, where cars were  interchanged between the two railroads.

WDB