(erielack) Re: my slides of my last trip on the NJ DL&W cut off in New Jersey 11-78

Interesting. I checked out the Greendell station just a few days ago; I
was staying with friends in Johnsonburg, whose property literally backs
up onto the Cutoff just east of Johnsonburg proper. The station is a
mess and only a shell of its former self. They are rooting for the
return of service on the Cutoff so they don't have to drive to Dover or
Hackettstown to get on NJ Transit. However, they say everyone else in
the area -- i.e., NIMBYs -- is dead set against an extension. By the
way, the Johnsonburg station had been nicely renovated back in the 1990s
or so, but recently it was torn down after it was heavily vandalized.

Mike Schafer

On Aug 31, 2013, at 9:12 PM, "David" <david_@_gvtrail.com> wrote:

> [...]
David; rdrobey_@_ptd.net; 'Ottinger, Andrew'; AMaples@aol.com;
kdburkey_@_comcast.net;jason.lamb@everettrailroad.com; William Bauer; Paul
Karichner; Mark Eyer
> Subject: FW: my slides of mthe last trip on the NJ DL&W cut off in New
Jersey 11-78

> FYI-

Belke; Rick Rubino; Douglas Ellison; John Armstrong; Harding, Chris;
cdhunter2_@_aol.com; Todd Hunter
> Subject: FW: my slides of mthe last trip on the NJ DL&W cut off in New
Jersey 11-78

New Jersey 11-78

> =46rom Mike Wilman, former EL road foreman and Amtrak Instructor of
Enginemen.

> SMT

ON THE EX DL&W NEW JERSEY CUT OFF 31 miles of beauty now a cow path....I
have a 30 minute video of a atv trip a few years ago VERY SAD TO SEE
WHAT IS LEFT. DID YOU DO THE VIDEO BOB BAHRS? OH the train was run by
the Conrail to see if the track could be sold or leased to Amtrak as
Amtrak wanted to run to Scranton Pa and on to maybe Buffalo,NY.Jim
Larson and his side kick was aboard with Bill Shepard and Robert Downing
(my Ex boss and a fine man) were also aboard ------NOTE THE RUSTY RAIL
THROUGH OUT
> Photos 1 to 13..Point of gap curve used by the DL railroad
today--Greendell tower---My train in Stroudsburg,Jimmy Lyons in the cab
with engineer? do you know Bill Shepard?--Blairstown NJ--crossing the
Delaware river into PA--east Greendell--Greendell sta-crossing the
Hainsburg viaduct--Johnsonburg NJ--Port morris tower looking east in the
fog--slatford viaduct coming into PA--Stroudsburg tower and all the rail
fans............+Hope you like the trip down memory lane....