____________________________________

To: Dlw1el2_@_aol.com
Sent: 6/10/2013 7:56:52 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time
Subj: Re: (erielack) A former Boonton line customer

Bob. I'm not on the EL list but would like to be. As far as shipments go
from Norda, most of it was powdered flavors such as butterscotch, vanilla
sugar , cake mixes and all types of cake mix ingredients for folks such as
General Mills, General Foods , Sara Lee, etc. This shipped out to the Midwest
mostly Chicago and Minneapolis all loaded into boxcars. We received by rail
on  flatcars some heavy equipment such as shovels from Koehring in
Milwaukee and  bulldozers from Evansville, I'll.
      In the late 60's and 70's we leased three GATX tank  cars and
received orange oil from Tropicana in Bradenton, Florida. Usually  made a round
every 3 to four weeks. Of course in the early 1940's coal hoppers  were set out
on the trestle for the boiler room. I remember when they were  spotting the
tankers one night, they hit the concrete bumper real hard and  knocked it
off the trestle end.
       Incidentally , I found aerial photos of the  foundation of the old
West Boonton tower which some people were asking about  since a photo of it
appeared about a couple months ago.  It was about  400ft west of the fanny rd
overpass.    Bill.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 10, 2013, at 4:55 PM, _Dlw1el2_@_aol.com_ (mailto:Dlw1el2@aol.com)