Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 20:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

From: walter smith <wsmith5957_@_yahoo.com>

Subject: Re: (erielack) RFD defined and EL RMS ?

Well, Frank, I can't speak for western NY.......but in the late 1960s when
I'd deadhead from Scranton to Binghamton to cover yard jobs, I'd ride in the
trailing engine on #5 and see from the cab as the mailbags flew out of the
RPO and went bouncing along the platform at places like Dalton. I remember
wondering if there was anything breakable inside.............

Regards,

Walter E. Smith - employee #102156