Re: (erielack) Agnes (er, Sandy)

Interesting thoughts.  Since EL freights terminated mostly at Croxton, it
probably would not have affected breaking up or building trains unless
Croxton flooded due to the Hackensack River.  I have not heard of serious
flooding along New York's Southern Tier.  Lackawanna Terminal had
experienced floods before.  It was under water back in the early 80s.  The
storm that hit on Ash Wednesday in 1962 had a storm surge so high that the
ferries had to lay out in the river.  There was another time in the mid 60s
when I took the train to Hoboken and discovered that there was a high tide
that flooded the ferry building.  Ferries continued to run but passengers
had to board using the upstairs gangways.

Ed Montgomery