Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 18:07:44 -0400

From: Bruce <qc_@_comcast.net>

Subject: Re: (erielack) Telegraph symbols for Hoboken

YA was also the third trick operator in the combined dispatchers office

in the 1970's.  I can not say if it was a former Erie job that moved

over with the dispatchers from Jersey City but generally former DLW jobs

were not identified by telegraph symbols.  YA was a teletype 'office'

without a real office but teletypes were addressed to YA, such as

high/wide messages and messages regarding special handling of some sort.

Bruce Breeman

On 10/24/2012 3:02 PM, Paul R. Tupaczewski wrote:

> Hi folks,

> In going through the consist sheets, it has been determined that the

> telegraph symbol "YA" appears to refer to the floatbridges in Hoboken,
since