Re:RE: (erielack) new Athearn Roundhouse announcement

The Athearn Roundhouse EL arch-roof passenger cars are simply another example of the practice of abusing the exsting lines to produce a "popular" road name that will sell.  They are the old Roundhouse Harriman cars, which were fairly good for their prototype but bear no resemblance whatever to anything EL -- especially diner 741 -- it is too short, the roof is wrong and the trucks are wrong.  For any of you who have agonized over whether the horns were Nathan five chime or three or whether the font is correct to even consider these cars as anything but toys - - - well.

The full baggage car may be close to a Lackawanna prototype -- but that is for Lackawanna fans to determine.  Otherwise - - -

Randy Brown
> http://www.athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=rnd+arch&CatI
> D=THRP&RN=EL
>
> Athearn Roundhouse has announced several EL cars in arch roof and about
> 60' long.  I doubt EL ever had 60' cars, so I send this along as an FYI.
>
> --
> Dale Madison

Yes, these are totally bogus cars, but they sure look neat, don't they? I like how they're doing the ELDCPS diner #741 as their diner, and also note they're putting the correct six-wheel trucks under the coach, too.