Re: (erielack) ES99/SE98

This sounds like the wreck in 9/75 at Point of Gap (not Bell's Bridge) where
the roadbed gave way under the ES-99 power.

Paul B

Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:59:47 -0400

From: tommy meehan <tmeehan0421_@_gmail.com>

Subject: (erielack) ES99/SE98

I don't have the date but the derailment I mentioned in the previous message
was described to me by a former CNJ employee as taking place at Bell's
Bridge on the tight curve by the Delaware River. He wrote that ES99 derailed
there ("ignoring repeated crew reports of a serious track defect...what do
crews know, anyway... duh") with many cars derailed, several units wound up
in the river, fires, etc. Not sure if there were any fatalities. I sure hope
not!

tommy meehan