RE: (erielack) Re: Consist Sheets

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-15-12

EL_punch_card_PRT_coll.gif (image/gif, 2241x1005+0+0 82574 bytes, BF: 27.27 ppb)

> Hey, Pat, et. al.
>
> Assuming the EL used IBM equipment, and since their factory was on the
Erie
> in Endicott that was most likely the case,  I can attest to the fact that
the
> model 029, and the follow on 129 key punches were, in fact, complete
> qwerty keyboards with a few keypunch related keys on the side.

For the record, here's an image of an EL punchcard from my collection, and
you can see how the fields on the consist sheets line up with this card.

Perhaps the punched holes were off a bit, causing it to go to the next
character?